*** Please check out our new Virtual Tours here ***
Our mission is to help improve the health of the community one person at a time. Durgin Pines is conveniently located in Kittery just off the turnpike between York Hospital and Portsmouth Hospital, thus we are affiliated with local physicians and healthcare organizations. We offer 26 mostly private rooms for rehabilitation patients and 55 rooms for long term care residents. Our professional staff is fully licensed, certified and meets all state requirements. We also offer a 16 child Pre-School that provides an intergenerational program for all patients and residents. We have developed a system intended to streamline the period between the hospital stay and living at home that includes:
- Pre-admission screening at the hospital bedside to assure the best match between needs and services provided
- An efficient, streamlined admissions process coordinated by a trained nursing professional
- Follow-through support services, including home evaluations and home exercise programs
- Discharge planning by a licensed social worker
- Links to community resources for ongoing assistance
Durgin Pines 1 of only 3 Maine Homes Awarded 2014 AHCA/NCAL Tier IV Recognition through Quality Initiative Recognition Program !!!
Having achieved all 4 benchmarks which include: increasing staff stability, increasing customer satisfaction, safely reducing hospital readmissions, and safely reducing the off-label use of antipychotics.